Thursday, July 28, 2011

On Set of The Good Wife Photo Shoot

Last week as an intern I had the exciting opportunity to go to a photo shoot for the hit CBS show, The Good Wife. Sadly we were weren’t allowed to take photos (for security and privacy reasons of course) but just being on a real live photo shoot was amazing. I had never watched The Good Wife but I was pretty familiar with most of the actors. For someone who has never really ever encountered a celebrity sighting I was very excited to get to see five or six actors all at one time.

Industria, where the photo shoot was being taken, was on the Lower West Side; tucked away on a deserted street. I arrived at 9:30am where CBS crewmembers were already busy at work. A lot was going on: Wardrobe was on one side, hair and makeup was in another corner and the rest of the studio space was filled with lights, equipment, props and furniture for the shoot. The photographer was taking pictures of each actor individually, then onto group shots and lastly photos of just Julianna Margulies. Besides Julianna Marguiles (who plays “the good wife”) other actors who were at the shoot were: Josh Charles, Christine Baranski, Matt Czuchry, Archie Panjabi and Alan Cumming. A photo shoot is a big production and a lot of work goes into making it happen…not only is there the photographer, but there are photographer assistants, people who move around the props, make up assistants, stylists, the photo editor for The Good Wife and many more.

It was so exciting to see the images appear so clear and crisp on the screen. The photos taken at this photo shoot I learned were going to be used for promotional ads, ads you’d find on buses, in subways, on billboards etc. as well as for magazines. Hundreds upon hundreds of photos were taken that day and I can’t wait to see what photos they end up choosing.

I think it would be an unbelievably amazing opportunity to be a studio photographer who gets to shoot celebrities for a living. I really enjoyed being on set of the photo shoot for CBS’s Emmy nominated show, The Good Wife and now it’s one more thing I can check off of my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment