Thursday, August 18, 2011

Last day at CBS


So Thursday was my last day at the CBS office. Nancy had so kindly ordered bagels as we all sat around chatting. It was a nice little goodbye get together. It’s hard to think that I won’t be going back to the Black Rock building and commuting into this city three days a week. I can say that this experience was one that I will never forget. Not only have I learned so much about what it’s like to work in the corporate world of photography but I also made great connections and friendships along the way.

Over the course of the last six weeks I have learned to not only commute into the city, but have gotten to see what it’s like to catalog items in the archiving department and also visit Laumont (a printing company that works for CBS). I have been able to edit photos for CBS television shows and have had the opportunity to attend two photoshoots, The Good Wife and for CBS Sports (which I’ll discuss in my last blog post)

It’s hard to also think that the summer has come and gone so quickly. But now I have the education, skills and prior experience to go into my sophomore feeling more confident about future internships and other jobs I will apply for. With the help of the Emerging Leaders Program I have learned that networking is such an important tool and that by asking questions, being proactive, friendly and acting professional gets you far.

I would like to thank Paula Breck, Dave Lombard, Nancy Eichenbaum as well as the rest of the CBS photo staff for being so warm and welcoming during my stay at CBS. This internship makes me even more confident about the profession I want to go into and has me more excited about all the other opportunities that are in store for me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment