Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins

Thursday, December 29th, 2011


     Although there's no real routine to follow, I know to begin working on whichever database that needs to be completed until I get instruction for a new task, so this morning I finished up the Charitable CFO's spreadsheet, doing a little extra research to find specific titles and email addresses. It gives me a nice kickstart to come in and get myself going right away without direction. A personal growth that I've been working on is taking initiative and asserting myself in a professional manner, so this is a great opportunity for me to practice. 
     It also keeps me in check : ) -next, I began the letter folding process. Each of these three hundred or so envelopes that I put the labels on gets a letter, an insert, and a return envelope wrapped around it. It's not difficult work of course, but is definitely time consuming.

     In the middle of folding, Cheryl asked if I wanted to take a break and see the matinee performance of children's show that is playing now! I just completed an Independent Study about children's theatre and was very excited to see Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins. Even better- my playwriting professor, Jackie Goldfinger, wrote this adaptation, and I was unable to see the dress rehearsal she invited the class to, so I was very grateful for this treat. The musical incorporated a live band, dance, and puppetry and the kids seemed to respond really well. : )



No comments:

Post a Comment